The other night Anthony had a group of friends stop by, and I felt bad since we didn’t have anything in the way of snack foods around. Luckily I remembered that my friend Erika had recently posted a basic brownie recipe on Facebook. Half an hour later I had a pan of brownies out of the oven and into their hands.
Not only do these taste great, but they use ingredients we always have on hand. If you so desire you can doctor them up a bit by throwing in walnuts or pecans, but they are delicious as is. Definitely recommend these when you need to make a dessert in a pinch. Thanks Erika!
Recipe: Oh So Simple Brownies
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Mix all dry ingredients (sugar through baking powder) in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add in the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix well.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes in an 8×8 pan until a toothpick inserted 2” from the edge comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before cutting.