Years ago a buddy of mine from college gave me a recipe for a quick, simple bread with beer as a primary ingredient. Given how long ago this was – well before I evolved into someone who actually did anything in the kitchen – I have no idea why Paul thought to share this with me. I am glad he did however as I used it to make a nice loaf the other day to go with an easy dinner of grilled chicken and salad.
Paul’s Beer Bread
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) beer
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Hand mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan.
- Pour melted butter over mixture.
- Bake ~1 hour until the top is brown and split
- Remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting